Early Years: Children, Schools and Nurseries
The service will typically involve a full diagnostic assessment set out in a detailed report, which can be tailored to meet institutional needs. The report will include recommendations for further action; these will drawn upon my extensive knowledge of local education, including my personal contacts with practitioners in related specialist areas such as occupational and speech & language therapies.
Strict confidentiality is, of course, assured.
Problems with Learning in School and Early Years:
- Delay in developing basic literacy or number skills;
- Slow processing of visual information;
- Low retention of information;
- Inability to concentrate or remain on task;
- More general or hard-to-pinpoint difficulties with learning.
Problems with Performance in School and Early Years:
- Inability to manage workloard;
- Inability to follow or keep up with what’s going on in class;
- Underperformance in examinations and written tests;
- Generally unsatisfactory work or progress.
Behavioural Difficulties at Home, School and Nursery:
- Disruptive, defiant and generally hard-to-manage behaviour, including temper tantrums;
- Inappropriate behaviour;
- Fidgeting and distractedness.
Social and Emotional Difficulties:
- Delay in developing social skills;
- Sense of isolation and loneliness, difficulty with making friends at school;
- Difficulties with communication.
I Can Provide…
Psychological Assessment of Children:
- with special educational needs or specific learning difficulties;
- with learning, behavioural or emotional difficulties;
- with special examination requirements.
Psychological Advice to Children:
- on problem-solving;
- on planning work and carrying out tasks
- on keeping on top of school workload.
Psychological Advice to Parents:
- on learning and emotional difficulties;
- on their child’s learning profile;
- on making the most of a child’s strengths and addressing weaknesses;
- on managing children’s behaviour and ways of improving behaviour at school;
- on ways to promote children’s learning;
- on monitoring and reviewing children’s progress.
Expert Witness Services:
- for Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal hearings.